Your privacy is important to us and therefore it is important that you understand how we will collect, store, use and disclose your personal information.
How we do this is outlined in this Privacy Statement.
1. The Privacy Act
Privacy Laws apply to how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. Life Insurance Australia and its associated companies comply with the National Privacy Principles and are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
- The types of personal and sensitive information that we collect and keep on record.
- Our policy in relation to how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
- Your privacy rights.
2. What is Personal Information?
Privacy Laws apply to personal information. Personal information is recorded information about a person which is capable of identifying the person (e.g. name, address, etc.).
Sensitive information is a type of personal information. It is defined as information or opinion about an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political options, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices and criminal record.
The National Privacy Principles offer safeguards for sensitive information.
3. Purpose and Use of Personal Information
Life Insurance Australia collects and may use your information to do one or more of the following;
- Open, update and maintain your client file.
- Enable us to assess any request from you for advice
- Provide analysis of your needs and advice in our areas of service.
- Develop, improve and market our products and services.
- Send research information to you.
- Notify you of any products which may suit your needs as we understand them.
- Keep you informed on matters that may affect or be related to your situation. Enable us to meet our obligations under certain laws.
- To provide you with regular reviews.
4. How we collect Personal Information
Personal information is generally collected from you or has been collected in the past from you unless you have consented to us obtaining information from a third party. If you have been referred to us by a third party, we will seek your consent and authority to pass personal information between the third party and ourselves for the purpose of providing you with a more complete service.
There may be circumstances where it is not practical or reasonable for us to seek your consent for example, if you are a beneficiary of a life or superannuation policy.
5. What personal information do we collect or already have collected?
The personal information Life Insurance Australia collects from you as a client is necessary for one or more of our services or activities to be provided to you. The personal information Life Insurance Australia collects may include any or all of the following personal information;
- Your name, address, contact details and date of birth,
- Your email address,
- Your tax file number,
- Details of your annual income, expenditure and employment,
- Details of your assets and liabilities,
- Details of any securities or investments you have given us,
- Details of your associated bank accounts,
- Details of existing insurances,
- Details of specific transactions,
- Details of your investment objectives and risk profile, Details of health information relating to your insurance requirements.
We will assume you consent to the collection of your personal information in the manner specified in this Privacy Statement until you tell us to the contrary.
6. Our Legal Requirements
As providers of services, we must comply with certain laws to ensure our service is provided at a high standard. These laws include;
- Australian Taxation Laws
- The Corporations Law
- Financial Services Laws
Using and Disclosing your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you with service and advice in our areas of expertise.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. If you do not provide us with relevant personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the service or advice you have requested or the advice provided may not be of a high standard as it is not based on complete information.
Depending upon the type of service or product provided, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party. We will seek your permission in the event that your personal information is exchanged to the following parties;
- To a Solicitor for the purpose of preparation of legal agreements to support any area of your estate planning, business succession planning or other related financial service.
- To an Accountant.
- To your Financial Advisor, Investment Manager or nominated Stockbroker.
- To the third party who referred our services to you.
- To a life office, fund or investment manager.
- To an underwriter.
- To a medical professional for the purpose of underwriting assessment.
7. Quality and Security of Personal Information
We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed of any changes you make to your personal information which may affect our records.
If you believe that any information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please advise us to that we can correct the information.
8. Access to Personal Information
You can request us at any time to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. Under some circumstances, we may not be required to provide access to you and in such circumstances a written explanation will he given to you.
If you have any questions, have a complaint or think we have breached any aspect of this Privacy Statement, please contact us as follows:
As Insurance Brokers, we welcome inquiries on our Life Insurance, Trauma Insurance, TPD Insurance & Income Protection Insurance products and insurance broker services. We can help you compare life insurance policies, compare income protection insurance policies, compare trauma insurance or compare tpd insurance policies from various sources and ensure you get the most appropriate policy for your particular circumstances.
Please feel free to send us an email, call us, use our contact us page to send us an online inquiry for any form of insurance quote or submit a life insurance quote, income protection insurance quote, trauma insurance quote or tpd insurance quote form. We will contact you within 24 hours to answer your inquiry.
This web site does not provide financial or investment advice. The information herein is general material and does not take into account your personal and particular insurance, personal, or investment data or objectives or relevant needs. If we can assist with specific advice please contact us.